[Dovecot] 2.2.4 - quota-status changing the user it is running as

Axel Luttgens AxelLuttgens at swing.be
Thu Aug 1 15:31:31 EEST 2013

Le 1 août 2013 à 12:44, Timo Sirainen a écrit :

> On 1.8.2013, at 13.11, Axel Luttgens wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> unfortunately still requires to relax the permissions on the config unix socket:
>> [...]
>
> Yeah. Hmm. I guess this is a good idea to fix too: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/rev/eb63eca74471

Fine! Seems to do the job here; and I guess this is a more wide change that may prove helpful for other cases as well.

> Although now if the config process crashes, this error comes back and Dovecot can't fix it automatically. That's in my TODO as well.

Haven't you already begun to work on that (just had a quick look at the hg)?

> Config process never crashes though :)

Indeed. Never saw such an ugly event happen up to now. ;-)

>> But now a failure, very likely related to patch 2470bb9106b0, occurs at the first query:
>>
>> 	quota-status: Fatal: seteuid(0) failed: Operation not permitted
>
> Fixed: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/rev/43488e1044c9

As a summary, with:

	http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/rev/2470bb9106b0
	http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/rev/51b8020b29f6
	http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/rev/eb63eca74471
	http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/rev/43488e1044c9

it seems that either:

	service quota-status {
		client_limit = 1
		executable = quota-status -p postfix
		unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/quota-policyd {
			user = postfix
		}
	}

or:

	service quota-status {
		client_limit = 1
		executable = quota-status -p postfix
		user = dovemailer
		unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/quota-policyd {
			user = postfix
		}
	}

are now functional, without any additional settings needed.

Many thanks, Timo.
Axel

PS - I may now focus on why the hell I always get "action=OK"...