[Dovecot] dovecot-1.2.9: OK No messages copied

Attila Sipos Attila.Sipos at netcall.com
Mon Mar 26 16:28:31 EEST 2012

Hi,

When I issue an IMAP copy command using the wrong UID, the server gives
an "OK No messages copied" response.

This seems like the wrong response to me.
If the UID doesn't exist, then it should respond with a "No" response -
maybe something like "NO - copy error: bad UID"

I believe "OK No messages copied" would only be a suitable response if
the email with the supplied UID had already been known to be copied
successfully.
I am using dovecot 1.2.9 - has this been fixed in newer versions of
dovecot?

Regards

Attila

Attila Sipos

Netcall Telecom Ltd Registered in England 2831215. Registered Office : 3rd Floor, Hamilton House, 111 Marlowes, Hemel Hempstead, Herts, HP1 1BB