[Dovecot] migrating mailboxes on dovecot

Spyros Tsiolis stsiol at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 25 10:24:56 EEST 2012

Hello all,

I want to ask about something I never did before.
I have a dovecot/XMail/LAMP/Horde installation on a
CentOS 5.5 32-bit system with two domains :
domainA and domainB

All the users used to have their mailboxes on domainA.
However the personell dept decided that 90% of the
users will have to have their mailboxes set to domainB
and the other 10% will stay at domainA.

So, I need to migrate those mailboxes from domainA
to domainB.
The only thing is I haven't done that ever.
The directory structure is :

"/var/MailRoot/domains/domainX/Username/Maildir/"

and under there the usual suspects :

cur (directory)
dovecot.index.cache (file)

dovecot-keywords (file)

dovecot-uidvalidity (file)

new (directory)

tmp (directory)
dovecot.index (file)

dovecot.index.log (file)

dovecot-uidlist (file)

dovecot-uidvalidity.4cc055c6 (file)

subscriptions (file)

Using dovecot v1.2.15

Any help would be appreciated.
Iam supposed to do this today !!
:-)

Thank you all,

s.

----
"I merely function as a channel that filters
music through the chaos of noise"
- Vangelis