[Dovecot] SIS and restoring from backups

Sat Mar 24 14:01:07 EET 2012

On 2012-03-24 7:49 AM, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
 > This is already optionally done in v2.0+dbox. MIME attachments can be
 > stored in plain binary form if they can be reconstructed back into
 > their original form. It doesn't break any signed stuff.

Hey Timo,

Splitting this off into a separate thread...

On the question of the existing SIS capability for attachments... have
you given any thought as to how to solve the problem of restoring from
backups when SIS is used? I was planning on using it initially, until I
read on list that restoring from (normal disk-to-disk) backups would not
work when SIS was enabled - this is obviously a deal breaker for anyone
who relies on backups - which I would think would be almost everyone?

Or maybe I misunderstood the problem?

--

Best regards,

Charles