[Dovecot] directly addressable public folders issues

Tom Fernandes anyaddress at gmx.net
Sat Mar 3 22:08:48 EET 2012

Hi,

I would like to have an address info at example.com whose mails are stored in a
public folder.
I also want certain users to be able to create sieve-filter-rules and
subfolders.

From what I understand it's a good idea to have a separate location for home and
for mail_location.

For my normal accounts I have:
home = /var/vmail/<user>
mail_location = ~/Maildir

Is there a way to have the same for public folders? This are my current
settings:

namespace public {
  separator = /
  prefix = public/
  location = maildir:/var/vmail/public
  subscriptions = no
}

user_attrs = homeDirectory=home=/var/vmail/%$, =mail=maildir:~/Maildir

The LDAP-homeDirectory-attribute for info at example.com is "public/.info"

Like this an incoming mail is stored below /var/vmail/public/.info/Maildir which
is good. The MUA seems to read to read from /var/vmail/public/.info though.

How can I make the MUA read from /var/vmail/public/.info/Maildir instead?

And in case this works - is it possible to have only certain users modify the
sieve-rule for this public folder or do I definitely need a passdb-entry for
info at example.com?
Modifying  scripts via commandline is not an option...

I'm using dovecot 1.2.

regards,

Tom Fernandes