[Dovecot] keywords/flags questions

Arnaud Abélard arnaud.abelard at univ-nantes.fr
Sat Mar 3 18:06:17 EET 2012

Hello,

I am currently using dovecot 2.0.13 and I have been working on keywords
handling our webmail and I have a few questions about how dovecot
handles them.

First, if I am not mistaken keywords neeed to be UTF-7 encoded. That
means I need to encode special caracters using values between & and -
chars. UTF-7 encoding is case sensitive, &AOA- isn't the same chars as
&aoa-.  But docevot save keywords in lowercase or am I mistaken?

For example:
. STORE 1:1 flags &AOA-_refaire
* 1 FETCH (FLAGS (&aoa-_refaire))

This makes retrieving the keyword properly impossible. What did I miss?

My other question is about the permanent flags being displayed upon
selecting a mailbox. I'm trying to understand why unused keywords are
still showing up in there. Is there a way to force the definitive
removal of a keyword from a mailbox? are old keywords kept undefinitely?

Thanks in advance,

Arnaud

--
Arnaud Abélard