[Dovecot] 2.1.1: doveadm backup errors

e-frog e-frog at gmx.de
Thu Mar 15 22:46:22 EET 2012

On 14.03.2012 20:33, wrote e-frog:
> On 14.03.2012 14:41, wrote Timo Sirainen:
>>
>> With latest hg version it should work.
>>

> Hi Timo,
>
> The "can't delete mailbox INBOX" error is gone now with changeset
> c077ca9bc306 and it's working successfully on the account from yesterday
> where it also worked with mailbox_list_index=no.
>
> However using a different account (more mail and mailboxes) I'm seeing
> dbox corruption errors. I have tested with mailbox_list_index=yes and no
> and it's the same for both. So this might be unrelated to this setting.
> Attached are logs from doveadm backup runs. First to an empty directory
> and 2 consecutive runs.

Further testing (now with 2.1.2) shows it only seems to work for a
single mailbox. e.g.

doveadm -v backup -u testuser at ubuntu-test.localdomain -m 'INBOX'
mdbox:/tmp/backup
dsync(testuser at ubuntu-test.localdomain): Info: INBOX: only in source
(guid=c63f581c030b774b572a0000ec8d17cd)

-> no errors

This works for every single mailbox in this account. The errors only
occur without -m 'mailbox'.

Using maildir as destination format however seems to work fine on the
whole account.

doveadm -v backup -u testuser at ubuntu-test.localdomain maildir:/tmp/backup

-> no errors

Thanks,