[Dovecot] problems with SSH-based clustering dovecot 2.1.1

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Mar 13 09:46:18 EET 2012

On 13.3.2012, at 7.41, Michescu Andrei wrote:

> Initially I synchronize mx1.a with mx2.a using rsync. I check that I can
> login using dovecot.
..
> The only thing that happens is that the on each machine the folders get
> doubled with some random extension (eg. Inbox becomes
> Inbox_3e3ff3g3gb3bb3b22).

This is kind of a feature. Currently if two mailboxes have a same name, but different GUID, dsync doesn't even try to merge them but instead renames one of them.

So don't do initial sync with rsync, but with dsync. Alternatively you need to first get each mailbox assigned a GUID, for example: doveadm -A mailbox status guid '*'

> Also, another bug, if there is a domain setup as default
> (auth_default_realm) dsync simply ignores the specified -u <user> and
> attempts to sync the first email in the default domain.

That can't be possible, something else is happening. What does dsync and auth log with debugs enabled when this happens?