[Dovecot] OT: Distrowars - WAS: Re: seeking advice: dovecot versions; mailbox formats.

Thu Mar 8 14:03:05 EET 2012

On 2012-03-08 4:56 AM, Vincent Schut <schut at sarvision.nl> wrote:
> The old server was running gentoo linux (which is mainly the culprit of
> the old dovecot version: gentoo was too much trouble to keep updating);

Please stop with the FUD...

I've been running gentoo for 8+ years, and it is a *breeze* to keep
updated, *especially* long term (since it is a 'rolling release' type of
distro)...

Yes, it actually does require some minimum amount of attention from the
admin, like, say, once per week or once per month updates - buy so
should *any* system... and yes, it does require a little more
willingness to learn and 'get your hands dirty' (especially for the
installation), but it is well worth it.

Oh - and Portage rocks... :)

--

Best regards,