[Dovecot] dsync replication available for testing

Attila Nagy bra at fsn.hu
Mon Mar 5 09:25:34 EET 2012

Hi,

On 03/04/12 11:44, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> In dovecot-2.1 hg you can now test dsync-based replication. Everything
> isn't finished yet, but it appears to work and I've enabled it for my
> @dovecot.fi mails. Some issues:
>
>  - public namespace isn't replicated at all
>  - shared namespace is replicated, but not private mail flags
>  - I've only tested SSH replication setup now, not director
> replication setup (and director setup is still missing many things)
>  - SSH replication setup uses aggregator process, which isn't really
> necessary and can probably be avoided in future
Do you plan to make it more performant in the future? I mean calling
doveadm (and ssh) for every change -even when they are aggregated- seems
to be very resource intensive, it won't keep up on a machine with a lot
of modifications happening every seconds.

It would be good to have constantly running daemons on both sides to
eliminate the high startup/teardown costs.

(if I understand things correctly)

Thanks for working on this.