[Dovecot] Log sybnch error

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Mar 4 14:35:18 EET 2012

On 3.3.2012, at 1.45, Stephen Davies wrote:

> No NFS. The file system is local.
>
> Yes. There are multiple copies of the message for multiple mailboxes for each
> of at least two users.

But does the error keep repeating for the same mailbox? It's supposed to fix itself automatically after logging the error once.

> Yes. Did recently upgrade from 1.2.15.

I think in earlier versions mbox used somewhat different index file structures and now Dovecot logs some errors about them.

Anyway, one sure way to fix this is to just delete all the .imap/ directories.