[Dovecot] Failing: doveadm sync <--remote host--> dsync mirror

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Mar 4 13:54:34 EET 2012

On 4.3.2012, at 13.41, Michael Grimm wrote:

>> By "undeletable" do you mean you have mails that always come back after expunging them?
>
> Yes. Deleting by the client will return them after the next dsync run.
>
>> I'd like to get dovecot.index and dovecot.index.log files from those mailboxes from both servers, they
>> don't contain any sensitive information.
>
> From all mailboxes? I can do that if you wish. But that will need some time (tomorrow).

Just one mailbox where that consistently happens is enough:

1. Expunge the mail
2. Get a copy of the dbox-Mails/dovecot.index, dbox-Mails/dovecot.index.log and dbox-Mails/dovecot.index.log.2 from both servers
3. Run dsync, and verify that the message is undeleted
4. Get another copy of the indexes from both servers