[Dovecot] zlib_save per namespace/mailbox?

Ben Schumacher me at benschumacher.com
Tue Mar 27 19:49:50 EEST 2012

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 8:44 AM, Lutz Preßler <Lutz.Pressler at sernet.de> wrote:
> the zlib_save question reminds me of a wish:
> I think it's not possible to set zlib_save parameter per namespace (or even
> mailbox). Per namespace would be something for the wish list to get rid of
> the cron job method to compress archival mailboxes.
> And maybe an option to add a "Z" flag to compressed maildir message files
> as recommended in the wiki regarding compress crob job.

+1 on this request. I have a slightly different use case -- I have
both an dbox and Maildir. Incoming email goes to Maildir, but I
archive off to dbox (using Thunderbird). After I archive my emails,
compression seems like a reasonable choice.

Any idea if this feature will be available at some point?

Thanks,
Ben