[Dovecot] Using plaintext auth and SSL

Jeff Simmons jsimmons at goblin.punk.net
Tue Mar 20 01:04:29 EET 2012

I'm working with a company that presently has a Linux mailserver which all
users have (no shell) accounts on. Mail is accessed via pop3 with plaintext
authentication. They want to move to a system using imap with SSL. I'm
building them a new server. I'd like to offer both for a while so we can work
the bugs out and migrate users over to SSL imap over time. It appears that in
order to limit the imap connections to SSL I will need to run two separate
instances of Dovecot. Is this correct?

--
Jeff Simmons                                           jsimmons at goblin.punk.net
Simmons Consulting - Network Engineering, Administration, Security