[Dovecot] userdb multiple databases

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Mon Aug 20 11:33:55 EEST 2012

Hello,

	I'm trying to configure per user plugins. My original passdb and userdb
is in a ldap directory (using userdb with prefetch).

	To configure per user plugins (in fact, I want to enable quota plugin
for some users) I need to configure mail_plugins attribute in the userdb.

	The problem is that I don't know any ldap attribute to store this
information (is there any schema with includes an attribute for this).
So I want to configure it in a passwd-file file.

	My problem is that I don't know if I can chain userdb databases. I know
I can configure multiple databases, but as far as I know, they are
looked in order, so if the user is found in the first one, then is no
look for the user in the second one, so I have to configure all user's
attributes in the passwd-file database.

	Is there any way to chain these lookups?

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática