[Dovecot] bcrypt again

Sven Schwyn svoop at delirium.ch
Wed Aug 15 13:14:39 EEST 2012

Hi

I'd like Dovecot to consume a list of users exported from an external application which stores bcrypted passwords.

This has been asked in the past, however, I'm not sure how to read the following reply:

> If you are using Dovecot<  2.0 you can also use any of the algorithms
> supported by your system's libc. But then you have to prefix the hashes
> with {CRYPT} - not {{BLF,SHA256,SHA512}-CRYPT}.

I'm on Dovecot 2.0.19. Does this mean that only the hashes listed with "doveadm pw -l" are supported and even if glibc can do bcrypt, the CRYPT scheme won't do the trick anymore?

Thanks for your help!