[Dovecot] imap(xxxxxxxx): Error: opendir(/user/xxxxxxxx/.imap) failed: No such file or directory

Frank Bonnet f.bonnet at esiee.fr
Wed Aug 1 10:19:32 EEST 2012

hello

I see this message in the dovecot error log every time
a user connect to IMAP service.

imap(xxxxxxxx): Error: opendir(/user/xxxxxxxx/.imap) failed: No such
file or directory

In the server's config I've this

mail_location =
mbox:%h/:INBOX=/var/mail/%u:INDEX=/var/spool/dovecot/index/%u

As we can see INDEX files are not living in user's home directories but
in  /var/spool/dovecot/index/%u
so why this error message ?

BTW : users access normally to their IMAP folders , I'm just curious
about this message
           which is not marked as warning but error

Thank you