[Dovecot] quota: ignore deleted messages (?)

Sven Hartge sven at svenhartge.de
Sat Aug 25 15:40:22 EEST 2012

Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> On 25.8.2012, at 1.49, Sven Hartge wrote:

>>> How about just disabling the quota enforcing and doing a nightly run
>>> of some type of enforcing (sending notification email and/or
>>> disabling new mail delivery until user has more quota again)?
>>
>> As a last resort, yes. If possible, I'd like to keep the feedback
>> about mailbox size as direct as possible.
>>
>> Disabling an account only once per night might be acceptable, but the
>> reenabling of the account, once a user has freed some space, has to
>> be instant or I would get constant complains from the users (the ones
>> with the biggest mailboxes being the professors, which can be quite
>> the pain to work with, if they believe they don't get what they think
>> they are entitled to get).

> You can use quota warning scripts to send warnings and enable account
> instantly when it goes under 100%.

Warning the user at 95%, 97% and 99% using the warning scripts is easy
and was already configured and is working like a charm.

Disabling the account in a nightly cronjob will be easy as well. Since I
use the Mysql-dict for quota, I can just query that, compare the value
to the configured quota from LDAP and act accordingly.

But how do I instantly reenable the account when it drops below 100%
with the warning scripts? As far as I understand the documentation, they
are only triggered if the quota use rises over the configured
thresholds.

I seem to somehow miss a piece, but I cannot see which one.

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.