[Dovecot] blf-crypt

Patrick Domack patrickdk at patrickdk.com
Thu Aug 23 03:47:54 EEST 2012

BLF-CRYPT has been part of glibc for a very very long time. it uses
the blowfish crypt version, that have been changed like 4 times now,
do to issues with it.

I'm not sure why CRYPT wouldn't work for you, seems to work fine in my
dovecot installs.

I'm not sure where the dovecot < 2.0 can use {CRYPT} came from. I'm
using that, since 0.7x? or somewhere around there, all the way up
through, and currently 2.1.7 without issue.