[Dovecot] enabling per user quota plugin and problems with pop3

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Mon Aug 20 14:47:58 EEST 2012

El 20/08/12 12:56, Angel L. Mateo escribió:
> Hi again,
>
>      Another problem I'm having with this is that quota (maildirsize) is
> not updated when mail is delivered.
>
>      According to
> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Quota/Configuration#Per-user_quota I must be
> sure that dovecot-lda is run with -d option, but in my configuration I'm
> receiving mail via lmtp and (I think) dovecot-lda is not running at all.
>
>      So the problem (I think) is that quota plugin is not used in the
> lmtp process. Is there any way to configure that lmtp processes use the
> mail_plugins in the userdb database?

	I have discovered the origin of my problem, but not the solution.

	The origin of the problem why lmtp didn't use user's mail_plugin is
that I had it configured it in the pass_attrs option (and read with
prefetch) and not in user_attrs, so lmtp didn't get it.

	But now the problem is that I can't configure mail_plugins redefinition
per user with 'quota,imap_quota' because when it is get it for lmtp, it
produces the error

Aug 20 13:38:30 myotis30 dovecot: lmtp(1086): Error:
dlopen(/usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib11_imap_quota_plugin.so) failed:
/usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib11_imap_quota_plugin.so: undefined symbol:
client_send_tagline

	and if I configure mail_plugins redefinition with just 'quota' then it
is no applied for IMAP connections.

	Any idea?
--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez