[Dovecot] looking for information on Vacation auto-reply

rob rob at fantinibakery.com
Fri Aug 10 20:32:13 EEST 2012

On 08/10/2012 02:26 AM, Robert Schetterer wrote:
> Am 09.08.2012 21:32, schrieb rob:

>>> What exactly do you want to know?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Stephan.
>>>

>> I'd like to know :
>> - If we have Dovecot configured OK for vacation sieve.
>>
>> - It looks like we should try to manage the vacation sieve filters  using sogo or thunderbird .  Is that the normal way to do so?
>>
> sieve in dovecot acts like a server where you can feed sieve rules i.e
> vacation, some software mostly webmailsers have guis for this, like
> sogo, roundcube, horde ,squirrelmail also thunderbird has a sieve plugin
>
> if you setup dovecot sieve server rightly , you might see in the dovecot
> logs , and/or send dovecot config to the list, look for manuals on the
> dovecot site and in www for setup instructions

What I need to know is if we have enabled siege and managesieve
correctly in dovecot. The following is out config.   :

root at mail ~ # dovecot -n
# 2.1.7: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 3.2.0-2-amd64 x86_64 Debian wheezy/sid
auth_mechanisms = plain login
auth_username_format = %Ln
lda_mailbox_autocreate = yes
lda_mailbox_autosubscribe = yes
mail_location = maildir:%h/Maildir
mail_plugins = " quota"
maildir_very_dirty_syncs = yes
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope
encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric
relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify
environment mailbox date ihave
namespace {
   inbox = yes
   location =
   prefix = INBOX.
   separator = .
   type = private
}
passdb {
   args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf.ext
   driver = ldap
}
plugin {
   mail_plugins = quota sieve
   quota = fs:user
   quota_warning = storage=95%% quota-warning 95 %u
   quota_warning2 = storage=80%% quota-warning 80 %u
   quota_warning3 = storage=60%% quota-warning 60 %u
   quota_warning4 = storage=40%% quota-warning 40 %u
   sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
   sieve_before = /etc/dovecot/sieve/spam.sieve
   sieve_dir = ~/sieve
   sieve_global_dir = /etc/dovecot/sieve/
}
postmaster_address = fbcadmin at fantinibakery.com
protocols = " imap lmtp sieve"
quota_full_tempfail = yes
service auth-worker {
   user = $default_internal_user
}
service auth {
     mode = 0666
   }
   unix_listener auth-userdb {
     group = postfix
     mode = 0600
     user = postfix
   }
}
service imap-login {
   service_count = 0
   vsz_limit = 128 M
}
service lmtp {
   unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/dovecot-lmtp {
     group = postfix
     mode = 0660
     user = postfix
   }
}
service managesieve-login {
   inet_listener sieve {
     port = 4190
   }
   process_min_avail = 1
   service_count = 0
   vsz_limit = 256 M
}
service quota-warning {
   executable = script /fbc/bin/mail/quota-warning.sh
   user = dovecot
}
ssl = required
ssl_ca = </etc/postfix/ssl/gd_bundle.crt
ssl_cert = </etc/postfix/ssl/mail.fantinibakery.com.crt
ssl_key = </etc/postfix/ssl/mail.fantinibakery.com.key
userdb {
   args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf.ext
   driver = ldap
}
protocol lmtp {
   mail_plugins = quota sieve
}
protocol imap {
   mail_max_userip_connections = 30
   mail_plugins = " quota imap_quota"
   plugin {
     antispam_backend = spool2dir
     antispam_signature = X-DSPAM-Signature
     antispam_spam = Junk
     antispam_spool2dir_notspam = /var/spamtrain/not-spam/%%020lu-%u-%%05
     antispam_spool2dir_spam = /var/spamtrain/spam/%%020lu-%u-%%05
     antispam_trash = Trash
     antispam_verbose_debug = 1
   }
}
protocol sieve {
   mail_debug = yes
   managesieve_implementation_string = Dovecot Pigeonhole
}

Best regards and thank you for the help!
Rob