[Dovecot] Server side Sieve with virtual users

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Thu Aug 9 21:17:54 EEST 2012

Am 09.08.2012 19:37, schrieb Luigi Rosa:
> Adrian Minta said the following on 09/08/2012 19:25:
>
>> First step is to have a mail system that works without sieve. This is
>> the hard
>> part.
>
> Not for me. I have more than 20 customers with their own Centos Linux
> with Postfix and Dovecot compiled by me, and Mysql, apache, php from the
> distribution source and RoundCube.
>
>> protocols = pop3 pop3s imap imaps managesieve
>> protocol lda  {
>>    mail_plugins: quota sieve
>> }
>> protocol managesieve {
>> }
>> plugin {
>>      sieve=~/.dovecot.sieve
>>      sieve_dir=~/sieve
>> }
>
> That's the point: sieve_dir can be the 'root' of the maildir structure?
> Virtual users do not have their own home (~) directory.

however they have a dovecot "home", with virtual users
all mailboxes belong to i.e system user vmail, and their dovecot
"home/mailbox" is taken out of the dovecot config

> If the sieve file is store in the 'root' maildir of each user, Dovecot
> uses the same single virtual (linux) user to access the maildir?
>

> Ciao,
> luigi

as far i remember , reading changelog, you can now store sieve rules in
mysql too, this should solve any of such problems

--
Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer