[Dovecot] some mdbox mails get lost each day

Christian Rößner c at roessner-network-solutions.com
Thu Aug 9 16:10:22 EEST 2012

Hi,

> cp mdbox ~/mdbox-backup

done

> rm -rf ~/mdbox-backup/storage/dovecot.map* ~/mdbox-backup/mailboxes/

done

> doveadm import mdbox:~/mdbox-backup all-mails all

problem

I tried so, but this does not work here:

doveadm -Dv import -u foo.bar at example.com mdbox:/srv/mail/foo.bar at example.com-backup all-mails ALL
doveadm(root): Debug: Loading modules from directory: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules
doveadm(root): Debug: Module loaded: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib15_notify_plugin.so
doveadm(root): Debug: Module loaded: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib20_mail_log_plugin.so
doveadm(root): Debug: Loading modules from directory: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/doveadm
doveadm(root): Debug: Skipping module doveadm_acl_plugin, because dlopen() failed: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/doveadm/lib10_doveadm_acl_plugin.so: undefined symbol: acl_user_module (this is usually intentional, so just ignore this message)
doveadm(root): Debug: Skipping module doveadm_expire_plugin, because dlopen() failed: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/doveadm/lib10_doveadm_expire_plugin.so: undefined symbol: expire_set_lookup (this is usually intentional, so just ignore this message)
doveadm(root): Debug: Skipping module doveadm_quota_plugin, because dlopen() failed: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/doveadm/lib10_doveadm_quota_plugin.so: undefined symbol: quota_user_module (this is usually intentional, so just ignore this message)
doveadm(root): Debug: Skipping module doveadm_zlib_plugin, because dlopen() failed: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/doveadm/lib10_doveadm_zlib_plugin.so: undefined symbol: i_stream_create_deflate (this is usually intentional, so just ignore this message)
doveadm(root): Debug: Skipping module doveadm_fts_plugin, because dlopen() failed: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/doveadm/lib20_doveadm_fts_plugin.so: undefined symbol: fts_list_backend (this is usually intentional, so just ignore this message)
doveadm(root): Debug: Effective uid=0, gid=0, home=/root
doveadm(root): Debug: fs: root=/srv/mail/foo.bar at example.com-backup, index=, control=, inbox=, alt=
doveadm(root): Debug: Namespace : Using permissions from /srv/mail/foo.bar at example.com-backup: mode=0700 gid=-1
doveadm(foo.bar at example.com): Debug: Effective uid=5000, gid=5000, home=/srv/mail/foo.bar at example.com
doveadm(foo.bar at example.com): Debug: fs: root=/srv/mail/foo.bar at example.com, index=, control=, inbox=, alt=
doveadm(foo.bar at example.com): Debug: Namespace : Using permissions from /srv/mail/foo.bar at example.com: mode=0700 gid=-1

The mail box is under:

/srv/mail/foo.bar at example.com

The backup is under:

/srv/mail/foo.bar at example.com-backup

It does nothing. The command directly returns. No copied mails. So what am I missing here? Current version here is Dovecot 2.1.7.

Thanks in advance

-Christian Rößner

---
Rößner-Network-Solutions