[Dovecot] connectionlimit for pop3s?

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 01:55:59 EEST 2012

On Tue, 7 Aug 2012, dovecot-request at dovecot.org wrote:

> When switching to port 995 to use pop3s he is limited at connection
> count.  Some people can reach pop3s-server successful, some getting a
> timeout.
> Somebody knows some typical clientside problems when this problem
> occurs?

Do the same user(s) have this problem and/or do each user have their
own mail configuration for their mail readers?

If yes, I would also check that the port and security protocol matches
(i.e. clear/TLS/SSL on ports 110/110/995 respectively).  Mismatched
configurations could cause what you describe.

Log messages could also be helpful here.

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>