[Dovecot] how to disable quota for second namespace?

Udo Lembke udo.lembke at albertbauer.com
Tue Sep 20 18:36:47 EEST 2011

Hi all,
I have a second namespace as archive, where no quota should be active
(work with type = shared).
But if I change the type to private the quota will allways count.

My dovecot version is the 2.0.13.

I have tried things like this:
plugin {
   quota_rule = *:storage=500M
   quota_rule2 = Trash:storage=+100M
   quota_rule3 = Sent:storage=+50M
   quota_rule4 = ns=archiv/%u/:ignore
}

It's also doesn't work with "quota_rule4 = archiv/%u/:ignore"

The namespace:
namespace {
    type = private
    separator = /
    prefix = "archiv/%u/"
    location =
maildir:/var/data/archiv/%d/%n:INDEX=/var/data/indexes/archiv/%u:LAYOUT=fs
    inbox = no
    hidden = no
    subscriptions = no
    list = yes
}

Even if I define the namespace for quota I see the quota-value also in
the "root":

plugin {
   quota = maildir:User quota
   quota2 = maildir:Archiv quota:ns=archiv/%u/
}

doveadm quota get -u test at example.com
Quota name
Type      Value  Limit   %
User quota
STORAGE 1587135 512000 309
User quota
MESSAGE   13346      -   0
Archiv quota
STORAGE 1359379      -   0
Archiv quota
MESSAGE   10577      -   0

du -ks /var/data/mail/example.com/test
234364  /var/data/mail/example.com/test

du -ks /var/data/archiv/example.com/test
1383792 /var/data/archiv/example.com/test

Now is the big question, how can I reach such an output?
doveadm quota get -u test at example.com
Quota name
Type      Value  Limit  %
User quota
STORAGE  227756 512000 44
User quota
MESSAGE    2769      -  0
Archiv quota
STORAGE 1359379      -  0
Archiv quota
MESSAGE   10577      -  0

I can't believe that's only possible with a shared namespace, or?

Any hints are welcome.

Best regards

Udo