[Dovecot] Shared Mailboxes with VirtualUsers and mail_location retrieved from ldap

Tue Sep 6 14:27:36 EEST 2011

Hello,

I spend a couple of days configurating a new installation of dovecot 2.0.14 with virtual accounts and NFS storage for maildir home/mail directories.

At this point I need shared mailboxes but since user mail/home locations are ldap attributes, how is it supposed I must configure this for shared mailboxes?

for the users' mail/home directories I set this line:

user_attrs = mailbox=mail=maildir:/var/maildir/%$,homeFilter=home

creating a namespace like the below one for shared mbx throw a lot of errors:

namespace {
  type = shared
  separator = /
  prefix = shared/%%u/
  subscriptions = no
  list = children
  #location = maildir:%%h/Maildir:INDEX=~/Maildir/shared/%%u
  location = mailbox=mail=maildir:/var/maildir/%$
}
I would like to hear if anyone has this configuration running. Thank you.

     /--------------/

uris = ldap://ldap.example.com
dn = cn=user,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com
dnpass = secret
sasl_bind = no
tls = no
auth_bind = yes
ldap_version = 3
base = dc=example,dc=com
deref = never
scope = subtree
user_attrs = mailbox=mail=maildir:/var/maildir/%$,homeFilter=home
user_filter = (&(objectClass=CourierMailAccount)(uid=%u))
pass_filter = (&(objectClass=CourierMailAccount)(uid=%u))

# dovecot -n
# 2.0.14: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 2.6.34.7-0.7-xen x86_64 openSUSE 11.3 (x86_64)
auth_debug = yes
auth_debug_passwords = yes
auth_verbose = yes
auth_verbose_passwords = plain
base_dir = /var/run/dovecot/
disable_plaintext_auth = no
mail_debug = yes
mail_fsync = always
mail_gid = 5000
mail_nfs_index = yes
mail_nfs_storage = yes
mail_plugins = acl
mail_uid = 5000
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify environment mailbox date
mmap_disable = yes
namespace {
  list = children
  location = mailbox=mail=maildir:/var/maildir/%$
  prefix = shared/%%u/
  separator = /
  subscriptions = no
  type = shared
}
namespace {
  inbox = yes
  location =
  prefix = INBOX.
  separator = .
}
passdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf.ext
  driver = ldap
}
plugin {
  acl = vfile
  sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
  sieve_dir = ~/sieve
}
protocols = imap
ssl = no
userdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf.ext
  driver = ldap
}
verbose_proctitle = yes
protocol imap {