[Dovecot] SSL only for external connections

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Fri Sep 30 20:46:10 EEST 2011

On 9/30/2011 12:34 PM, Simon Brereton wrote:
> [...]

You don't need TLS/SSL from the outside either, if this is strictly a
webmail box.  In this case, configure Apache/lighttpd+Horde to only
accept HTTPS connections from the outside, and configure Horde to
connect via the Dovecot localhost:143 listener.  This is how I've been
doing it with Roundcube for years.  Works like a champ.

With encrypted sessions between browser and web server, and both Horde
and Dovecot running on the same host, you don't need to, nor want to,
use IMAPS.

--
Stan