[Dovecot] What best decision to make for flatfiles or SQL when I use Dovecot2 + Postfix together?

Patrick Domack patrickdk at patrickdk.com
Wed Sep 28 01:02:13 EEST 2011

For my personal email, I have a habit of having the sql server down
for one reason or another. I just dump the sql tables to flatfiles on
the email server, and a script runs every 15min and checks for updates
if any exist. Works well.

Another method would be to just keep it sql, but dump the mysql tables
into sqlite tables that postfix/dovecot use.