[Dovecot] outlook 2007 very slow.

Kui Zhang kuizhang at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 00:50:39 EEST 2011

> I think if you disable the new local indexing features in TB then it
> should start running fairly decently?

I had indexing disabled... that did not help much.

TB work better after I have these settings...

mail.imap.expunge_after_delete true
mail.imap.expunge_option 2
mail.server.default.autosync_offline_stores false
mail.server.default.offline_download false
mail.server.default.autosync_max_age_days 14

I think mail.imap.expunge_after_delete might have caused mdbox limit
problem I had before... but not confirmed.

> Also - Outlook is by far much slower than Thunderbird in my experience...

Multiple people in the office report outlook is faster (when it works).

KuiZ