[Dovecot] Subscription File

Mon Sep 26 17:27:01 EEST 2011

On 2011-09-26 10:16 AM, Carlos Mennens <carloswill at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 10:11 AM, Charles Marcus
> <CMarcus at media-brokers.com>  wrote:
>> Right-click on any folder under the account, then click 'Subscribe'...
>
> I don't think we're on the same page here. I restored the folders off
> tape and moved them back into her 'Maildir' directory on the server.
> She doesn't see them in Webmail or Thunderbird clients because they
> are not listed in this 'subscribe' text file Dovecot uses to display
> the folders to the user. She can't right click what she can't see. The
> folders are sitting in her Maildir and I can see them on the
> server...I'm just missing how we can see or present these folders to
> the user so she can see / subscribe the folders.
>
> Sorry if I'm missing something here...

You are... as has already been told to you, the subscriptions file is
accessed/manipulated by IMAP *clients - ie, Thunderbird.

Do as I suggested - in Thunderbird, right-click on ANY folder that IS
being displayed, click 'Subscriptions', then ENABLE the missing folders
in the subscriptions list (click the little checkbox).

If you don't see them there, then that would most likely be a
permissions problem.

--

Best regards,

Charles