[Dovecot] Virtual Folder configuration problem.

Lutz Preßler Lutz.Pressler at SerNet.DE
Mon Sep 26 14:11:23 EEST 2011

On Sa, 24 Sep 2011, Terry Carmen wrote:

> I'm attempting to create a virtual inbox that contains all unread
> messages from the user's Maildir.
>
> I created a conf file called 80-virtual.conf containing:
[...]
> However it doesn't work and the maillog file contains:
>
> dovecot: imap(username): Error: user username: Initialization failed:
> namespace configuration error: inbox=yes namespace missing

Probably you forgot to follow this advise from 10-mail.conf:

# REMEMBER: If you add any namespaces, the default namespace must be added
# explicitly, ie. mail_location does nothing unless you have a namespace
# without a location setting. Default namespace is simply done by having a
# namespace with empty prefix.

Lutz