[Dovecot] mysql auth failover failing

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Sat Sep 17 03:38:20 EEST 2011

On 9/16/2011 2:21 AM, Timo Sirainen wrote:

>> As far as I can tell, it still doesn't do load balancing.
>
> Oh. http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0/rev/327698228158 should finally
> fix it. :)

I installed the new 2.0.15 release including this change, and can
confirm it does now successfully load balance across my two servers. Not
only that, but with this change, there are no failed authentications at
all when one of the servers goes away :). I have it running on one of my
three production mail servers now, and barring any unexpected issues
will deploy it on the other two next week, and then we'll be sitting
pretty ;).

Thanks again...

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  henson at csupomona.edu
California State Polytechnic University  |  Pomona CA 91768