[Dovecot] sharing of non-INBOX namespaces? Re: imapc and imap_acl

Lutz Preßler Lutz.Pressler at SerNet.DE
Fri Sep 16 22:19:57 EEST 2011

Timo,

On Fri, 16 Sep 2011, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-09-15 at 13:41 +0200, Lutz Preßler wrote:
>
> > > If you want to access also ~/Maildir2, you'd need to create a
> > > second shared namespace for it.
> > Maybe I mess something up the second time today - but I cannot get
> > it to work:
>
> Yeah, it didn't work. Fixed now in hg.
multiple shared namespaces do work now, but:
I retried to have in otherssecond
  prefix = INBOX.shared.%%u.second.
  location = maildir:%%h/Maildir2:INDEX=~/Maildir/shared/%%u/second
This is found to be a configuration error:
Sep 16 20:49:32 host dovecot: imap(5025, testuser): Error: user lpmail: Initialization failed: namespace configuration error: Dupl
icate namespace prefix: "INBOX.shared."
Sep 16 20:49:32 host dovecot: imap(5025, testuser): Error: Invalid user settings. Refer to server log for more information.

I think the test is too strict, as in general "prefix = bla.%%u.blubb." does
work for a shared namespace. Or is there some other problem with this
attempt to manually map source to destination structure?

Btw, I found a SIGSEGV when SELECTing INBOX.shared. I'll send it seperately.

Have a nice weekend,
  Lutz