[Dovecot] mysql auth failover failing

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Fri Sep 16 03:03:25 EEST 2011

On 9/15/2011 3:53 AM, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> I did several fixes related to this in v2.0 hg.

I patched version 2.0.13 with these fixes and tested it out.

As far as I can tell, it still doesn't do load balancing. When started,
it only connects to the primary server, and as long as that server is
available never seems to try and connect to the other one. However, the
failover is much better. There are a few failed authentications when the
primary server first becomes unavailable (seems to depend on load; under
a light load, only a couple fail, the heavier the load, the more fail).
After that blip though, authentications work fine.

Thanks much for your help resolving this issue, I greatly appreciate it.

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  henson at csupomona.edu
California State Polytechnic University  |  Pomona CA 91768