[Dovecot] imapc and imap_acl

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Sep 13 19:22:03 EEST 2011

On 13.9.2011, at 19.12, Lutz Preßler wrote:

> yes, I know... maybe it's a bit far fetched, but I do have a use case.
> Would it be (reasonably easily) possible to implement IMAP ACL
> support for "imported" imapc namespaces/mailboxes?
> There is no local directory (like with the virtual plugin) yet...

You mean you'd want local ACLs that apply to imapc mailboxes? I think that should work. For example if you set:

mail_location = imapc:~/imapc

Then for mailbox foo/bar the ACL file should be in ~/imapc/.foo.bar/dovecot-acl

"Proxying" remote IMAP ACLs isn't possible and I'm not sure how that could be nicely implemented.