[Dovecot] Sieve, before script - Can it include "personal" scripts?

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Sun Sep 11 13:13:24 EEST 2011

On 9/10/2011 10:36 PM, Steve Fatula wrote:
> Using sieve_before, can the script it references include a file from the personal space?

Yes, that should work, however...

> I want to set some parameters (by user using the variables extension) there to control what the before script does, so, every user would have the file in their personal include space.

... there is usually no way to guarantee that the user will have this
script in place and that it does not produce any compile/run-time
errors. This way, the user can break Sieve processing in the
sieve_before stage. The first part can be mended with the new :optional
tag recently added to the include extension's specification (not
implemented in Pigeonhole so far). Unfortunately, there is no way to
resolve the second part.

> If not, is there another way?
>
> Can the sieve_before and sieve_global_path be set from userdb extra fields?

Yes.

Regards,

Stephan.