[Dovecot] Attacking Dovecot

Jim Jim at themailshack.com
Sat Sep 10 06:23:45 EEST 2011

There isn't enough information presented to assist, you'll want to refer to the wiki to increase your logging to get more detail: http://wiki.dovecot.org/Logging

What you need is the system IP that's connecting as these users, if it's local, you should be able to track that system down easily.  If it's remote, block it via a firewall to lock it out.

Regarding the spam emails, they may or may not be coming from this same system, once you have more logging, you'll be able to verify that.

Jim