[Dovecot] Quotas not recalculating

Kyle Brantley kyle at averageurl.com
Mon Sep 5 04:28:21 EEST 2011

On 9/4/2011 1:10 PM, Kyle Brantley wrote:
> Hello all --
>
> I have an interesting issue, where the quotas are refusing the
> recalculate for anyone on my server.
>
> # doveadm quota get -u kyle at averageurl.com
> Quota name                           Type    Value Limit %
> storage=540672                       STORAGE     0     - 0
> storage=540672                       MESSAGE     0     - 0
> # doveadm quota recalc -u kyle at averageurl.com
> # doveadm quota get -u kyle at averageurl.com
> Quota name                           Type    Value Limit %
> storage=540672                       STORAGE     0     - 0
> storage=540672                       MESSAGE     0     - 0
> # du -sh /var/mail/vhosts/averageurl.com/kyle
> 512M    /var/mail/vhosts/averageurl.com/kyle
>
> The IMAP client (Thunderbird) state that the user has no quotas in
> place at all. Now, if I copy the maildirsize file from another user to
> this user account, the quotas display in the IMAP client. At this
> point, however, trying to recalc the quota does nothing.
>
> Any help with this would be appreciated, config below...
>
> --Kyle
>
> <snip>

Okay, something else isn't cooperating with this at all. I reconfigured
it to use dirsize just to test (quota = dirsize:User quota in
90-quota.conf instead of quota = maildir:User quota), and it is still
trying to use maildir quotas:

Sep  5 01:24:22 serenity dovecot: imap(kyle at averageurl.com): Debug:
Effective uid=502, gid=502, home=/var/mail/vhosts/averageurl.com/kyle
Sep  5 01:24:22 serenity dovecot: imap(kyle at averageurl.com): Debug:
Quota root: name=storage=540672 backend=maildir args=

Relevant `postconf -n` changes:

plugin {
   quota = dirsize:User quota
   sieve = /var/mail/vhosts/%d/%n/.sieve
   sieve_dir = /var/mail/vhosts/%d/%n/sieve/
}

Any ideas what is going on would be great.

--Kyle