[Dovecot] dsync should sync sieve-dirs to!

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Mon Oct 31 12:29:19 EET 2011

Am 31.10.2011 11:03, schrieb Ralf Hildebrandt:
> * Joseba Torre <joseba.torre at ehu.es>:
>> On Domingo 30 Octubre 2011 13:16:59 Peer Heinlein escribió:
>>> It should be possible to make a complete backup/mirror of a user's
>>> mailbox with dsync. And a backup/mirror without sieve is incomplete.
>>
>> And procmail rules?
>
> They're not stored "within" dovecot's reach. procmail is not a part of
> dovecot.
>
>> And maildrop rules?
>
> They're not stored "within" dovecot's reach. maildrop is not a part of
> dovecot.
>
>> And someones post-login script based rules?
>
> Good point. But usually the admin adds those.

jep an normally they are in some global backup for the dovecot conf

>> To me, mailboxes are mailboxes, and dsync works fine.
>>
>> And yes: having a tool to migrate rules (sieve or whatever) would be nice.
>
> Yup. Especially since it's a bit tricky to see whether a user has rules.

hm, idea , any chance to feed sieve rules in a database backend or ldap etc
so it would be part of backing up the db/dir service
guess we have to wait for the hackers to get qualified answers *g

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria