[Dovecot] v1.2.12 and debug

Walt Shekrota wshek at penguinacity.org
Wed Mar 30 19:32:10 EEST 2011

Is there some kind of extended debug that might show why my maildir is not foundat login? It has worked off and on, once briefly today then no more.
I'm going around twiddling knobs guessing at this point which is foolish.
I need some real bread crumbs to indicate what is going wrong.
I've tried all kinds of .conf file ... example file etc. I figured using the least number of settings should get me somewhere but I still have no luck.

I'd love to just give up and load that PPA for 2.x but I have no idea what package to install in debian. (I have the PPA update)

Thanks.
-Walt