[Dovecot] Upgrade to v2.0 conf file fails

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at noa.gr
Tue Mar 29 17:23:17 EEST 2011

On 28/3/2011 12:51 μμ, Nikolaos Milas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use the command:
>     doveconf -n -c dovecot-1.conf > dovecot-2.conf
> to upgrade my dovecot.conf file, but it fails (see below).
>
> Judging from the message that vsz_limit is the new setting for
> login_process_size, I have retried using login_process_size=256 rather
> than login_process_size=64 (which was the initial value), but the
> error persists.

OK, I figured this out, thanks to:
http://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot-cvs/2010-November/018340.html

I used login_process_size=1024 in the initial dovecot.conf and doveconf
-n -c completed without errors.

Is there a minimum suggested value for this parameter? Judging from
here: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=606646, it seems
that vsz_limit should be 64M. Any advice?

Nick