[Dovecot] imaptest assertion failure

Mike Abbott michael.abbott at apple.com
Mon Mar 28 21:43:35 EEST 2011

>> $ ./imaptest user=foo pass=bar host=localhost test=tests
>> Error: connect() failed: No route to host
>
> I can't reproduce this connect() failure. Not in OSX or Linux.

It has something to do with IPv6 or multiple aliases of localhost, for if I comment out this line in client_new() like so it runs fine:
//      if (++conf.ip_idx == conf.ips_count)

FYI my /etc/hosts says:
127.0.0.1	localhost
::1             localhost
fe80::1%lo0	localhost

Anyway, I was trying to use imaptest to make a reproducible case for you to troubleshoot the "dovecot-uidlist: Duplicate file entry" warnings but with no joy yet.  Do you have any hints as to what I should try next?