[Dovecot] try to compile dovecot 2.0.11 with ssl support

easy klaus easy12377 at gmx.de
Sat Mar 26 20:54:20 EET 2011

Hello,

>>      SSL ............ : yes (OpenSSL)
>
>So it should be there..
>
>> so it looks like SSL support is included, but when I start dovecot the
>> message is:
>>
>>      doveconf: Error: SSL support not compiled in but ssl=yes
>
>Well, that's weird. Are you sure you're running the just-compiled
>version of Dovecot (i.e. not a previously installed version that didn't
>have OpenSSL compiled in)?

Yes, I think so. I tried to find every dovecot directory and files and deleted it. After "make" and "make install" there was a new file under "/usr/local/sbin/dovecot" this is the one I use.

>What does dovecot --build-options say?

output of "/usr/local/sbin/dovecot --build-options"

 Build options: ioloop=epoll notify=dnotify ipv6 io_block_size=8192
 Mail storages: cydir maildir mbox mdbox raw sdbox shared
 SQL drivers:
 Passdb: checkpassword passwd passwd-file shadow
 Userdb: checkpassword nss passwd prefetch passwd-file

This looks strange because there is no ssl support.

>Do you have "#define HAVE_SSL" in config.h?

No, I only can find "#define HAVE_OPENSSL"

Regards, Markus