[Dovecot] DoveCot 2.0.9: Problem with some Clients and separator (migrate from Cyrus)

Denny Schierz linuxmail at 4lin.net
Wed Mar 23 08:55:52 EET 2011

hi,

Am Dienstag, den 22.03.2011, 16:43 -0700 schrieb Scott Silva:

> You created the foobar folder UNDER the INBOX... That is how it will look when
> you do it that way... I just tried. Most ppl make their folders under the root
> of the server, and not under the inbox.

but why: Evolution, Apple Mail, Ipod, Kmail, Roundcube do it, how it was
expected?  Only Thunderbird (tested with 3.x unter OSX, Linux and
Windows) is the problem (as I know from the studies).

@Timo:

DoveCot seems to be O.K:

b namespace
* NAMESPACE (("" "^")) NIL (("public^" "^"))
b OK Namespace completed.
c list "" *
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "^" "Spam"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "^" "Sent"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "^" "Trash"
* LIST (\HasChildren) "^" "INBOX"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "^" "INBOX^foobar"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "^" "Drafts"
* LIST (\Noselect \HasChildren) "^" "public"
c OK List completed.
d lsub "" *
* LSUB () "^" "Sent"
* LSUB () "^" "Drafts"
* LSUB () "^" "Trash"
* LSUB () "^" "Spam"
* LSUB () "^" "INBOX^foobar"
d OK Lsub completed.
e logout
* BYE Logging out
e OK Logout completed.
Connection closed by foreign host.

I try a second instance from Dovecot for testing, otherwise the other
productive clients maybe get confused.

cu denny