[Dovecot] questions/problems virtual plugin pop3 leave copies on the server for x days then delete / tbs Popstate.dat / looks like solved

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Mar 21 18:22:44 EET 2011

On Sun, 2011-03-20 at 12:27 +0100, Robert Schetterer wrote:
> this cant work
>
> +RealMails/
> RealMails/*
..
>  unseen

Oh, I hadn't noticed this before. Yes, "unseen" doesn't work nicely with
POP3.

> so timos patch worked , also it was a configration/mythinking bug
> dont know if the patch should be reverted , dont think so cause it looks
> better to have mails in maildir cur when the got downloaded
> then in new as it was before

For POP3 it doesn't really matter, because it's not visible to clients
in any way. You would get a bit better performance if you didn't include
the '+' because then it wouldn't rename the mails to cur/ (i.e. same
idea as pop3_no_flag_updates setting).

The '+' feature is more useful with IMAP though, because there it has
visible effects to clients. So in any case it wasn't a waste to
implement it.

BTW. If you set "+RealMails/" it moves mails from new/ to cur/ in INBOX,
but you also need to set "+RealMails/*" if you want that to happen for
non-INBOXes too.