[Dovecot] dovecot 1.2 quota with local users

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Mar 17 18:29:34 EET 2011

On Thu, 2011-03-17 at 09:07 +0100, iti at promax.media.pl wrote:

> All other information are now sourced from PAM ( users info, passwords etc.).

PAM has only passwords. User info (uid, gid, home) is in passwd.

> Is that possible to deliver some information about user as it is now (PAM)
> and only quota information in sql table?

If you want to merge multiple userdbs (passwd, sql) into one response
then no, that's not directly possible. I guess your possibilities are:

a) Write a checkpassword script to do that and use userdb checkpassword.

b) Sync/merge the information into a single location (passwd-file or
sql)