[Dovecot] doveadm expunge info message in std.error

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Mar 17 16:54:19 EET 2011

On Wed, 2011-03-16 at 12:00 -0700, Kui Zhang wrote:

> doveadm expunge -u "user at domain" mailbox ".namespace/*" savedbefore 7d
>
> writes these messages to std.error
>
> doveadm(user at domain): Info: expunge: box=.namespace/INBOX, uid=5932,
> msgid=<E1Puxwf-0001fD-Si at hostname>, size=1824

You should be able to get rid of these with:

doveadm -o plugin/mail_log_events= expunge ..

> Can we write these messages(informational) to std.out

I thought about this too, but I think in the end it could lead to
trouble. Several doveadm commands already output replies to stdout, so
not all commands can have their Info: logs outputted to stdout. And
having some commands do that and others not isn't very consistent.