[Dovecot] Configuration of LMTP Reject Code

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Mar 17 15:27:51 EET 2011

On Thu, 2011-03-17 at 14:16 +0100, Petter Urkedal wrote:

> I think there is a better solution.  It seems that getpwnam_r is POSIX
> and does the right thing.

Oh, weird. I knew about that function but I never realized it fixed the
error handling problem. Also everything I saw discussing the getpwnam()
error problems never bothered to mention getpwnam_r().

> The attached patch adds a feature-check for
> getpwnam_r and, if present, uses it in userdb-passwd.c in place of the
> problematic getpwnam.  I've not some light testing on a non-production
> server.

I think I'll do a bit larger change here that replaces all getpwnam(),
getpwuid() and maybe other calls. Dovecot doesn't need thread-safe
getpw*() so I can do an easier to use wrapper function.