[Dovecot] LDA, postfix and multiple virtual users : postfix is still the MDA

Mon Mar 14 18:12:34 EET 2011

On 2011-03-14 8:33 AM, Antoine Souques wrote:
> I have some trouble to use dovecot as MDA. I followed the instructions
> in http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA and http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Postfix
>
> I have multiple virtual users, stored in a LDAP server, and it look like
> postfix is still delivering the mails directly to the maildirs.

Wrong testing method invalidates your assumption. See below.

> mynetworks = 138.195.32.0/23, 127.0.0.1

Really? you own all IP addresses in 138.195.32.0?

> smtpd_client_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, reject

This means that you will reject ALL mail from *anywhere* other than
clients in mynetworks...

Is this machine intended to receive email from the internet? If so, fix
this.

> Mar 14 13:22:59 squeeze postfix/pickup[17376]: A93DE49A55: uid=0
> from=<root>

postfix/pickup means this message was injected LOCALLY rather than
submitted via the smtp protocol. YOu need to test using the smtp protocol.

> Have someone any idea about what i did wrong ?

Rtfm?

--

Best regards,

Charles