[Dovecot] Dovecot LDA and Postfix/local for local users.

Peter Evans peter at ixp.jp
Thu Mar 10 02:31:23 EET 2011

>> mailbox_command = /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver (path to deliver)
>> After that should I commented postfix/local process from master cf ?

    no. How else is postfix going to deliver to _local_ users?

When uncommented I can see in logs that although deliver is using - local
is used somewhere. Can anyone explain how it works and why postfix/local
is needed? Logs with uncomended local:

    postfix/local is the local handoff, hence its name.

    See: http://www.postfix.org/local.8.html